Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you just completely forgot who God was and what He is all about? Well, I’ll raise my hand because it for sure has happened to me. One thing I have learned about being a Christian and follower of Jesus is that it is the last thing the enemy wants for us. So he does everything he can to come into our minds, tell us lies, and try to make us not believe in who God truly is. But one thing is certain, the enemy is NOT more powerful than God. We can stand firm in the fact that God is the ultimate king & ruler, but that doesn’t mean we are not going to have the enemy not trying to distract us.
The enemy wants us to forget how wonderful, beautiful, and amazing God is. We need to constantly be in the Word of God in order to remember His truth, His promises, His goodness, and His attributes.
What are some of the attributes of God?
This is a question we can often find ourselves asking or it is easy to forget the answers to this question (as the enemy loves to do by distracting us). We are always at war with the enemy trying to & I thought it would be good to dive into some of the characteristics we know to be TRUE about God. Ah, I am just so excited to dive into these!!!
We are going to look at a few different attributes of who God is. These are not all of them, but they are some of the very important ones (honestly they are all important but if I named them all this would be a book!) I truly just want to take the time to remind you of WHO God is & if you don’t know God yet – tell you about Him! These are the true facts to hold onto with your life especially when the enemy is trying to distract you or tell you otherwise!
Ready? Let’s dive in!
- God NEVER changes. The same God with us today is the same God who created the world. The same God who raised Jesus from the dead is the same God who is living within you and me. He is the same who He was thousands of years ago and He will be the same God thousands of years from now. He doesn’t change!
“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” Hebrews 13:8
- God is ALL powerful. There is nothing that He can’t do! He is miracle worker, He is the God who can do the unimaginable, He is the most powerful to exist, and we have that power within us through His holy spirit! His power is actively at work within us as we trust in Him!
“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us” Ephesians 3:20
- God is ALL knowing. There is not one thing about you that He doesn’t know. He knows who your 1st crush was, He knows the anxious thoughts you think, He knows the sin you struggle with, he knows your deepest dreams and desires. He knows everything that has happened to you, everything that is currently going on in your life, and everything that is to come!
“Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come.” Isaiah 46:9-10
- God is EVERYWHERE. There is no where we can go to get away from Him. He is always with us, He is always for us. His spirit is within us and is everywhere that we go. We are never alone!
“Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.” Psalm 139:7-10
- God is GOOD. He is so so good. Even when our circumstances don’t measure up to the definition of “good” in the world, He is still good. He is always good because He is always at work for our good.
“Taste and see that the Lord is good.” Psalm 34:8
- God is full of MERCY & GRACE. He is the most gracious, compassionate, and merciful God. He sees us at our lowest of lows and loves us just the same as if we were at the highest of highs. He sees us for who we truly are, His beloved child, and extends the sweetest grace to us as a loving father.
“The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love.”
- God is so LOVING. He is so loving because He himself is love. He loves us with the deepest love that we can’t even comprehend. Think of someone who you love so dearly, He loves you 100000x more than that kind of love. He is love and in Him we have free access to that unfailing, unending, incredible love that will never stop.
“Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.” 1 John 4:7-8
OUR GOD IS JUST SO AMAZING!
These attributes of God are so encouraging, inspiring, and life-changing. It is easy to see why the enemy wants to distract us from seeing, remembering, and knowing how good our God truly is. So to combat His deceit and distraction, write these down. Know them. Understand them. Memorize them. Fight against the lies of the enemy with these statements of truth and you will always win.
Satan has no hold on you because VICTORY has already been declared over you by Jesus on the cross.
These are the beautiful attributes of our God. May we understand them more and go out and share about them more. All glory belongs to Him, my friend.